Friday, October 14, 2011

Meet your new Public Legal Education Team Lead!


Hello and welcome to the JFCY blog, if this is your first visit!  If not, welcome back.

My name is Leora Jackson and I am beginning a volunteer placement as the PLE Team Lead at JFCY through Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC).  PBSC is a Canada-wide organization that encourages law students (like me) to get involved with their communities by donating time and skills. 

I’ll be at JFCY throughout this year, working with staff lawyer Andrea Luey to lead the PLE Team.  My role will involve helping to promote and update JFCY’s social media outlets – this blog, Facebook, and Twitter.  I’ll also be helping to coordinate meetings and other projects.

Outside of JFCY, I attend law school at the University of Toronto.  I recently moved to Toronto from outside the city, and before that, I spent five years living and going to school in Kingston, Ontario.  At law school, I’m also involved as a tutor with the LAWS program, where one JFCY's summer staff participated as a student!

I have some ideas about how we can improve our social networking presence and the online information that we provide about legal issues facing children and youth, but I would really appreciate hearing your ideas and suggestions about the blog, the topics we cover, and how we can communicate better.

If you’re interested in joining the PLE team, find out more here (scroll to the bottom to find out about volunteering).  The team is currently working on a number of different projects, including future YouTube videos and resources on cyber-bullying.


I am thrilled to be at JFCY and I am looking forward to learning more about the organization and sharing that with you.  Have a great weekend!
Leora

No comments:

Post a Comment