Friday, October 26, 2012

Meet Lauren: 2012/2013 PLE Team Leader


My name is Lauren Grossman and I am very excited to be the new PLE Team Leader this year! You might have already seen my name on the blog and wondered who I am, so now I have the chance to tell you a little bit about myself.

I am in my first year of law school at the University of Toronto. I am volunteering as the PLE Team Lead at Justice for Children and Youth through my school’s Pro Bono Students Canada program. PBSC is a student program across Canada that is dedicated to providing legal services at no charge to those in need. There are various opportunities with PBSC for law students to get involved in a number of different legal fields.

I will be at JFCY this year, working with staff lawyer Andrea Luey to lead the PLE Team. I will be writing and/or contributing legal information to the weekly posts on the blog. I will also be helping to run the PLE meetings and create a major project with the PLE team. I am very excited about my position with JFCY!

After 4 years of being away at school, I am very happy to be back living in Toronto! I just graduated from the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario with an Honours Bachelor of Science in April, I have a diverse range of educational interests as I have a background in medical sciences from my undergraduate studies and I am currently studying the field of law.

I hope you have been enjoying all the blog has to offer and I look forward to hearing any ideas or comments you may have! If you are interesting in joining our PLE team, or would just like some more information, Check this out! Our team has so much to offer. The Youtube committee has some great ideas for the year and we are in the process of coming up with some fun ideas for a major project!

Be sure to comment below if you have any ideas to offer for future blog posts!

However, keep in mind that we do not share any legal advice over our blog, you should contact JFCY directly by telephone to speak to a lawyer regarding legal advice on any personal issues or situations.

I am looking forward to a great year with JFCY on the PLE team!




No comments:

Post a Comment