Thursday, October 13, 2011

JFCY Social Work Students for 2011/12

My name is Zakiya Atcha. I'm a fourth year Social Work student at Ryerson University. I've worked with youth from different communities for many years. I would like to pursue a career in the Human Rights field. I look forward to my time working at Justice for Children and Youth.

My name is Meghan Lindo and I am a student in the combined JD/MSW program (law and social work) at the University of Toronto. I will be completing my field placement at JFCY until April 2012. Since I started law school, I have been working with children and youth in many different settings, including: through the Law In Action Within Schools (LAWS) program as a student mentor, as a social work student in child welfare, and in my summer employment working on child abuse litigation in Kenya. I am excited to be working with JFCY this year and I anticipate learning a lot about child and youth law!

 
My name is Shannon Vassos. I am currently in my 4th year of the social work program at Ryerson University. My field experience thus far has focused on street involved and at risk youth. I plan to continue my education and pursue my masters in social work in the coming academic year. 




Zakiya, Shannon and Meghan, hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment